"....have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Death of a heartbeat


T’was mid summer’s noon
I lay thoughtless
Mind wandering into the depths
Of an empty lagoon
There I lay thinking
How deep have I sank?
Why does it hurt so deep even now?
Tears tear you to pieces somehow 
Or is this the price of being so frank?
I know not why I still care
Of all the things but this one
That left me behind bare
That made me do things that
I’d otherwise not dare
Lost in pain
Frozen by time
Memories I’d rather not explain
Fighting to be sane
Faded by dreams that were once mine
Drowned by hope that was meant to shine
I hold on,
To every tear I’ve cried myself to sleep
To every thought I did sigh
To every song I tried not to weep
Wishing I’d rather die 
And yet,
Hope is what I hope for
In every word spoken so far
Beyond this agony that slowly kills
A heart that beats for you still
So vulnerable that it hides
Beneath an invincible veil, I confide
Lost for words to express
What’s more than a feeling
That I now confess
With legs bent kneeling
Here I lay my heart on the line
A pounding heartbeat on this barren land
That’s no longer truly mine
Until ‘My wish is your command!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts matter...