"....have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Monday, May 9, 2016

Secret...



Can you keep a secret?
I've known all along
I need to forget
So I wrote it into a song

Don't tell no one 
I give it to you now
It might help ease
This void somehow

Keep it, it's now yours to keep
Don't hold onto it, it made me weep
I'm done hiding it, in that well too deep
Where none but only my thoughts could creep

T'was my burden to bear
T'is no longer now
Neither t'is yours, I swear
Just let it go somehow

I went beyond barricades
My boundary cascades
They no longer define me
I choose who I can be

I tore those walls down
I think I can now peer
I no longer frown
At what i once used to fear

A bunch of lyrics is all that's left
Strung into a song, I had all along felt
My thoughts cling to the wind, as i sing it one last time
I let'em dissolve forever as beat after beat I let my heart chime...

Picture Courtesy: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts matter...